Job Number: 8259
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior PLC Programmer to join our client's team. As a Senior PLC Programmer, you will be responsible for designing, programming, testing, and troubleshooting complex control systems using PLCs. You will work closely with engineering teams and clients to understand system requirements, develop PLC programs, and ensure the successful implementation of automation solutions. The ideal candidate should possess advanced knowledge of PLC programming languages, extensive experience with PLC hardware and software, and a proven track record in delivering robust and efficient control systems.
- Design, develop, program, and test PLC-based control systems to meet project requirements and specifications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineers, technicians, and project managers, to gather system requirements and understand automation needs.
- Develop PLC programs using industry-standard programming languages (such as ladder logic, structured text, or function block diagram) to implement control strategies and logic.
- Configure and integrate various peripheral devices, such as HMIs (Human-Machine Interfaces), sensors, actuators, and communication protocols, into the control system.
- Conduct thorough testing and validation of PLC programs, ensuring correct functionality, system integration, and compliance with safety standards.
- Troubleshoot and debug PLC-based control systems, identifying and resolving issues related to hardware, software, or system configuration.
- Collaborate with clients to define control system requirements, provide technical guidance, and support system commissioning and startup activities.
- Stay updated on emerging technologies, trends, and advancements in PLC programming and automation, and apply relevant knowledge to enhance programming techniques and system performance.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior programmers, offering expertise in PLC programming best practices, standards, and methodologies.
- Ensure compliance with relevant industry regulations, safety standards, and quality control procedures during the programming and implementation process.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Senior PLC Programmer or in a similar role, demonstrating a track record of successfully delivering complex control systems.
- In-depth knowledge of PLC hardware and software, including programming languages (e.g., ladder logic, structured text, function block diagram), PLC architectures, and communication protocols (e.g., Modbus, Ethernet/IP).
- Proficiency in PLC programming software (e.g., Siemens TIA Portal, Rockwell Studio 5000, Schneider Unity Pro) and familiarity with HMI development tools.
- Strong understanding of control system design principles, electrical circuits, and industrial automation processes.
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging PLC systems, including knowledge of diagnostic tools and techniques.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex programming issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented approach with a focus on accuracy and quality in programming documentation and code organization.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and safety regulations (e.g., IEC 61131, UL 508) is preferred.
If you are interested in learning more about either the Senior PLC Programmer job opportunity and meet the required qualifications, please submit your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
itec group Inc. emphasizes the importance of building effective relationships between candidates and industry-leading companies. We recruit for the IT, engineering and advanced manufacturing industries. We offer individuals looking for contract or full-time positions desirable career opportunities. Our committed team who are leaders within the recruitment industry have built a foundation of solid working relationships based on quality service, integrity and respect. itec group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
In order to stay in touch, we require your consent. Canada's anti-spam legislation (CASL) requires us to obtain the consent of our Canadian applicants to continue to receive electronic communication. By applying for this position you are consenting to receive electronic messages related to the consideration of employment through itec group and its partners. Should you wish to stop receiving electronic communications at any time, simply let us know at email@example.com